Bring your Recipes to Life with Falksalt!
Swedish Sticky Chocolate Cake
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 2 medium eggs
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 2/3 cup flour
- 4 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- A pinch of salt (inside recipe)
- Strawberrys (sliced to top)
- Mint leaves (to top)
- Whipped Cream (to top)
- Natural or Lime Falksalt (to top)
- Melt the butter and leave to cool slightly
- Whisk the egg and sugar together until the mixture is light, fluffy and pale
- Weigh all the dry ingredients and sift them into the egg and sugar mixture. Fold in until everything is incorporated
- Fold in the melted butter until you are left with a smooth chocolate mixture
- Pour into a lined cake tin. This recipe fits a normal 8in tin. The cake will not rise, but it will puff up slightly during baking
- Bake at 350 degrees for around 20 minutes. The exact time can vary, so keep an eye on the cake. A perfect sticky cake is very soft in the middle, but not runny once it has cooled – but almost runny
- If you press down gently on the cake whilst its baking, the crust should need a bit of pressure to crack. When this happens, the cake is done. Leave to cool in the tin for at least an hour.
- Once cooled, top with sliced strawberries, mint sprigs, whipped cream, and a sprinkling of Natural or Lime Falksalt.